St. Augustine’s School Advisory Council has been established to further recognise and support the development of Gospel and educational values within the school community. St Augustine’s School Vision underpins all the activities of the Advisory Council .
The School Advisory Council provides parents/caregivers with the opportunity to participate in decision-making processes within the school. It is a forum for discussion of ideas and initiatives and also the sharing of information with the parent body. The School Advisory Council advises and supports the Parish Priest and Principal in fulfilling their responsibility and authority to the management and future direction of St Augustine’s.
The St Augustine’s School Advisory Council aims to:
- Provide links between the Principal, Parish Priest, parents and teachers.
- Contribute to school policy.
- Discuss school issues and makes recommendations.
- Promote the school and strengthens school/community links.
- Enable parents to have a say in the decision-making process.